@montestevensFL Sorry we missed you @montestevensFL! Almost too many trophies in there to keep clean.
Corey and Anthony will get a rematch of CEDA Finals against Rutgers MN in the Quarters of the NDT! #GoRoos
The UMKC Debate Team welcomes any UMKC student, regardless of debate experience to join the Team.
- Arguments – Team members are encouraged to develop arguments that fit their interests and styles. UMKC students have succeeded running the full-spectrum of available arguments. Coaches are equipped and willing to give students the debate experience they want while promoting critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Tournament opportunities – Team members travel to competitive tournaments that fit their experience-level and contribute to their development as debaters and students. Our region offers a litany of high quality tournaments at all levels within driving distance to complement extra-regional travel.
- Squad opportunities – Each student is evaluated individually and as a team to make sure that students are attending tournaments and receiving coaching that contributes to their individual and squad goals.
- Competitive Success – UMKC consistently competes at the highest level of intercollegiate debate. The squad has won two points championships. Teams have won the CEDA National Championship (1994) and finished runners-up at the National Debate Tournament (2007). UMKC has also competed in the elimination rounds of the NDT and received First Round at large bids to the NDT multiple times.
- Academic success – The Debate Team fosters academic success and develops students for their post-graduate life. Debaters have gone on to multiple top 10 graduate programs in their field such as Ohio State, and Illinois, and top law schools such as Columbia, NYU and Baylor.
- Successful Coaching – UMKC has two full-time coaches that ensure that you can have plenty of individualized and squad-level coaching. The coaches have over 20 years of combined experience coaching debate at all levels.
- Fantastic City – Kansas City is a great place to spend your college years. The campus is in the heart of the city with important cultural and entertainment districts nearby.
Students or prospective students interested in finding out more should fill out out team application.